Achievements

January 1, 2012

CAS-ual Friday's and Bits & Pieces

Hello and Happy New Year!!!

I hope everybody had a happy and safe New Year! Today i have a card for CAS-ual Friday/Market Street's Block Party Challenge. The challenge is to use Kraft and Twine along with extra incentive to play at Market Street's Block Party by using one of their stamps or a free digital stamp.

I also have a New Years Resolution here on my blog, and that is to use the bits and pieces in my scrap files and drawer. As you can see in the 2 photos below i have lots of paper scraps. Behind my scraps are stickers, rubons and chipboard embellishments shorted by theme, which i have had for way too long!! Next to this i have a plastic mulit-drawer cart with one drawer that is filled with stamped pieces, leftover die cuts, and embellishments that didn;t make it on cards.



So every Sunday in 2012 i am going to post at least 1 card using my leftover embellishments and scraps as the main focus of my card(s). I am calling this Sunday's Bits & Pieces, hopefully by the end of the year i will had made a good dent! 


So to kick off the 1st Sunday's Bits & Pieces i made a card for CAS-ual Fridays challenge. First i used a used a piece of scrap Kraft and trimmed it to fit my card front. With a ruler i measured about 1/2 inch all the way around and pierced wholes all the way around the panel. I sewed pink twine like yarn around the panel then tied it in a little bow and attached a tiny tag. I stamped Love is Brewing in pink on the tag.

The coffee cup is Market Street's free digi stamp. I sized it on my computer printing it out on copy paper to find the right size for my card. Then i used 3 paper scraps, a text, pink paisley and pink card stock. These scraps where about the size of a index card. I taped each scrap to a piece of copy paper and ran it through my printer... to my surprise it actually printed and didn;t jam the printer!


After printing the cup 3 times i cut out the cup from the text paper. Then cut the circle out of the paisley paper and just the heart from the pink card stock. Next i layered the heart and circle on the text cup with pop ups and added it to the panel with pop up dots. Last i used a pencil to copy the placement of the dots coming out of the cup, then used a black pen when i was happy with the dot placement.


Have a wonderful day and i hope you will stop by next Sunday for another card made with scraps and leftover embellishments!

Dana

Supplies
Digital Stamp: Market Street Stamps
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Favor it Weddings
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Yarn: Lily Cotton: Sugar N Cream Twists Rose
Pattern paper: Unknown
Ink: Colorbox
Die: Spellbinders Tag

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card Dana!!! it's just perfect! i love seeing cards made from scraps...i'm not very good at it although i'm an excellent scrap collector lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!! I love your paper pieced mug. I am a scrap collector too... I save everything! I love your resolution!

    ReplyDelete