Achievements

April 9, 2012

CAS-ual Friday's - Let the Hunt Begin

Hello,

Today i have a quick card to share for CAS-ual Friday's weekly challenge. The challenge is to make a card featuring something you would find in an Easter basket.... well i did one step better, i used something from my actual Easter basket!!  I'm in Michigan to see my mom and she gets us (me and my brother) a little Easter basket (or bucket for this year:)  ). We get a little something each year even though we have been adults for many years now!! lol



For my card i used the pink plastic grass from my Easter bucket. I stamped and die cut a jar and used a tiny amount of blue water color to color the jar (though you can;t really tell in the photo's, it IS there !! :) ) Then i used some double sided tape and adhered some of the plastic grass to jar. Then i just rimed it up till i liked the length.


Next i hand cut some eggs from pattern paper. I inked the edges and added a few light dots. I adhered the eggs to the jar with pop up dots. If i were at home i would have used twine but my mom dosen;t have any, so i found this crinkly paper that can be used in baskets and such.



I stamped and cut out the label that has the sentiment Just for You. I punched a hole and threaded it through the crinkly paper, which i 'tied' around the top of the jar. Last i adhered the jar to the cardbase with pop up dots.

Thanks for stopping by!! I will be home latter this week and will have more cards to share!

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps & Die: Papertrey Ink: Friendship Jar
Everything else: Unknown or found!

3 comments:

  1. Now that's clever! Love the idea of using the Easter 'grass' for another purpose! (And when I was home for Easter last year, my mom spoiled me too...it made me smile to hear that your mom does as well!)
    Enjoy every minute, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect CAS card. And your brilliant use of the grass FROM your basket is so cute. So glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete