Achievements

August 9, 2014

A Sweet Beach Girl Hello

Hi there!!!

Today i'm sharing a card that features a digital stamp from the talented card maker Elena Roussakis, now trying her hand at stamp designing!! And i must say she's awesome at it!!! Elena is offering this digital stamp FREE, just pop over to her blog to download!

A few friends have gathered to show off this new stamp!! If you are just stopping by my blog you can click here start at the Elena's blog and start at the beginning (scroll down for a full list). Or if you came from the very talented Laura Bassen you are in the right place!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Since this sweet girl is all decked out and ready for the beach i had an idea to put her on the beach, i just love it when a idea works out!! I started by opening the digital stamp in my Silhouette, i re-sized her a little. To make sure she was the right size for a card, i added a rectangle and sized it to 4.25 x 5.5. I placed the girl inside the rectangle and adjusted her size accordingly. I also added a sun and clouds to the rectangle.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

With the print and cut feature on the Silhouette i printed and cut the beach girl out of some card stock. I then cut the sun from textured yellow card stock and the clouds from blue textured card stock. I used sandpaper to rough up the sun and clouds a little.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I colored the cute beach girl with distress markers, sketching them on a clear block and adding color with water and a paint brush. Just remember not to add to much water to the image .... there might be couple ink bleeding spots if you look close enough ... hehehe!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Now to pull it all together! To make my beach i added a couple post it notes across my white card base, this was for the horizon. With scratch piece of paper i cut a slight wave in the edge. I placed it on my card base then inked the water with two blue distress inks. For the sand i added antique linen, then frayed burlap. I also tapped the frayed burlap with my ink applicator, it kind of stippled the ink, i though it made it look a little more like sand (not that you can really see it in the photo's, but its there!!)

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Last i added the sun and one cloud to my card base. I added the second cloud and the beach girl with foam dots. I stamped a hello sentiment at the bottom right.

Thanks so much for stopping by!, Don't forget to check out Elena's blog to download this sweet beach girl image. Your next stop is the super talented Iwona!

Here is the full list of ladies showing off Elena's sweet image!
Dana (that's me)

Have a great day!!

Dana

Supplies:
Digital Stamp: Beach Girl by Elena Roussakis
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp - More Sketchy Banners
Distress Markers: Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Shabby Shutters, Barn Door
Ink: Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Antique Linen, Frayed Burplap. PTI - Dark Choclate
Silhouette Cut Files: 6 Clouds, Sunshine

8 comments:

  1. I love it, Dana! So smart to use the silhouette to resize and cut her out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I can't thank you enough for the tips in the silhouette! I am a newbie to it and I loved reading them! The beach scene is awesome!! Love the distressed clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't figured out how to trace around an image in a larger size--thanks for the tip! I love the texture the sun and clouds add. Super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, aren't you a sweetheart for showcasing Elena's new designs - and what a darling scene you've created in doing so! Your little girl resembles my niece (she's a bit more blonde), so of course, I'm smitten! Awesome card in every way, my friend!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute scene! I love the texture of the clouds and sun, and you are very smart with your silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just too darn cute! I love the inked beach, and the cutie-pie girl, and the fun clouds & sun :)

    ReplyDelete