Achievements

December 4, 2014

Bigger the Wish

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm popping in today to share a birthday card! GASP! I know its NOT a Christmas card!! Kind of took a little break away from the Christmas cards!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
I decided to play with The Alley Way Stamps new More Then Words stamp set! I really liked the one sentiment 'The More Candles the Bigger the Wish.' There are a couple older TAWS sets with candles that would go great with the sentiment.


I stamped the candles from Tag Alongs and Wish Big on different pattern papers. I cut out just the stems of the candles. Next i stamped the candles on white card stock. I colored the flames with distress markers, cut them out and then added the pattern paper stems.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I placed the candles on my white card base but i thought it still needed something. I pulled out the tiny dot cluster from With Wondering Awe and with a light grey ink i stamped a background on my card base.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps
Last i added the candles with foam dots and then stamped the sentiment below the candles. Oh and i rounded the corners as a final touch!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Tag Along's, Wish Big, More Then Words, With Wondering Awe
Distress Markers
Pattern Paper: Simple Stories - Vintage Bliss
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Soft Stone. Versafine - Black


5 comments:

  1. This is really cute Dana!! I love the paper pieced candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much fun happening on that card! The candles, the sentiment...LOVE it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm baackkk! So glad you noticed the gold tape on my card and THANK YOU! I'm aiming to bring out the pink later today...and wouldn't you know, I discovered some unused silver in my stash (I don't recall buying it, but it's there)! Glitter tape..yahooooo!!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait what, we can take a break from Christmas crafting? lol! These are fab, I especially love the background stamping! So subtle but perfect.

    ReplyDelete