Achievements

May 13, 2015

Let's Talk Soon!!

Hiya!!

Today i'm on the Art Impressions blog and here with a manly card for  you!! I wanted to do a masculine card, because i do a ton of cards geared more toward women and i wanted to do something different! 
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started with some pattern paper that i liked and i thought was masculine, that way when i color my image i can match the pattern paper. Next i stamped the guy relaxing in a lawn chair, its from the Ai clear stamps that can be found at Michael's. I stamped him on some watercolor paper, along with the cute little dog!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I colored them up with some distress markers and used water to spread the ink around. With a brown marker i painted in a ground. I used a sentiment from the Texting BFFs stamp set, because i wanted a card that could be sent to any guy in your life! I stamped the sentiment to the left of the guy.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

After the image was colored, i placed the panel on my paper trimmer and cut the panel at the top, but stopped just short of the dog. Then i moved the blade to the bottom and stopped just short of the chair. I did the same thing in between the guys foot and dog. Then i fussy cut around the dog and guy. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I adhered the fussy cut panel to my card base with foam tape. I thought it needed just a little something more, so i found some enamel dots that matched. 
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - His & Her Camper, Texting BFFs
Pattern Paper: We R Memory Keepers - Jet Set
Distress Markers
Enamel Dots: MME - Lost and Found Christmas

3 comments:

  1. that dog, omg. So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...you rocked the 'masculine' here, Dana! Great colour and image combinations! The sweater-sporting doxxie makes me smile!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete