Achievements

November 1, 2015

Pinterest Inspired November Challenge

Hello!!

It's time for a new challenge at Pinterest Inspired Challenge!! Here is the inspiration:

Source

Now when you see my card you might wonder how was it inspired by the above picture? Well, let me tell you! I really like how the flower petals were different colors and especially where they overlapped with other petals. So i went through my whole stamp collection and do you think i had a nice big open outline petal flower??!?!! That would be a no!!! In fact i really didn;t have anything big enough with open spaces, so instead i went with the small starfish from Lawn Fawn! It;s a little hard to see the overlap, i did a lot of experiments to make sure i like it, and overlap at the stars tips looked the best!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Lawn Fawn
Anyway, on how i made the card! I started with vellum and stamped the starfish over the vellum panel. When i started i thought i would fill the whole panel, but as i went along i decided i didn;t need to fill the panel! Then i added some white embossing powder and heat embossed it. I also stamped and heat embossed the I'm So Jelly sentiment.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Lawn Fawn
Then i flipped it over and used my Spectrum Noir markers to color in the starfish. I used these colors: BP2, JG2, CT4, OR2, DR3, BT5, PL4, True Black. So i wouldn;t have any glue spots, i ran my colored vellum panel through my sticker maker and then adhered the panel to a white card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Lawn Fawn

Next i trimmed some black card stock and stamped and heat embossed the You're a Star sentiment, then added it across the card with foam tape. Last i stamped and heat embossed the little Jelly Fish on some vellum. Turned him over and colored him with the PL4 marker and fuss cut him out and added him to my card.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Lawn Fawn

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will play along with us at Pinterest Inspired Challenge, i can;t wait to see your take on the photo!!

Dana

3 comments:

  1. ahhh those little stars are just darling... beautiful colors too, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you did the overlapping! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, you've translated this photo wonderfully! Your stars make me smile!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete